Step right up for the debate of the century! Jordan attempts to
start a fight moderates as Tom and guest Ed Smith debate the term ‘cinematic’ and whether games can or should emulate film and television. But first off, Ed lets us know what he thinks of Battlefield: Hardline (not much), Tom explains why Homeworld has the world’s saddest space spaceships and Jordan tells that Ori and the Blind Forest is just a very good platformer and there’s nothing wrong with that.
Then we start coming up with gaming porn parody names. Sorry.
- Five out of Ten issue 12, which both Tom and Ed wrote for, contains Tom’s thoughts on cinema and games.
- Ed’s alternate take is on Vice.
- Save the Date can be found here. We talked about it in Episodes 58 and 59.
- A more thorough explanation of Dogme 95. It would make for crap games.
- Jordan reviewed Ori and the Blind Forest for the Guardian.
- In case you don’t know what theatre in the round is, here’s an explanation.
- Paul Dean writing about Virginia for Eurogamer.
- Richard Cobbett writes about Womb Raider. This is not a typo.
- The World the Children Made.
- Chris Dahlen’s GDC talk.
Additional porn parody names thought up after we stopped recording:
- Quim Fandango
- Cockline Miami
- Milfenstein 3D
- Red Fucktion
- Spunky Island
- Kenfucky Route Zero