This week we’re joined by Jenni Goodchild, fresh from talking at Videobrains on ethical systems in gaming. We spoke about her talk, which included lots of references to Dragon Age, much to Jordan’s dismay. Meanwhile Tom has been playing minimalist mysterious survival/exploration game Eidolon, Wolfenstein (again) and cyberpunk Twine game A(s)century while Jordan has been getting lost in Minecraft and getting philosophical in The Talos Principle. Plus our thoughts on if ‘Zombies’ is a genre and what their future might be.
- Videobrains! February is sold out but you can see Jenni’s talk here
- Buy Jordan a present
- An intro to Dragon Age
- Eidolon the game and Eidolons the poem
- Philosophy games: Ir/rational, Socrates Jones and Castle Island Forest Sea
- Austin Walker is Critical Distance’s blogger of the year and created A(s)century. Tom also likes his pen and paper RPG podcast
- Dragon Age outfit mods
- My Father’s long long legs
- That talk on real life stealth games.