This week perennial guest Laura Kate Dale returns to talk us through the highs, lows and generic mediums of the Gamescom press conferences. We liked Wild, Shadow Realms and Sony’s streaming plans, we did not enjoy the continued abuse of the word ‘exclusive’. After that Laura tells us about windmilling furiously in Mount Your Friends, while Tom tries to explain why curves are unpredictable in Towerfall (he failed geometry). Meanwhile Pip has been getting to grips with Dark Souls, raising the question, at what point does challenging minimalism just become bad game design?
- The trailer for Michel Ancel’s Wild
- Tom is super excited about Shadow Realms. Since we recorded PC Gamer and Games Radar have written about it.
- Sadly Fred Durst seems to have deleted his Twitch steam. But it totally happened ya’ll. Kotaku has proof.
- Go here for Pipsouls
- Magic: The Gathering’s theory of Timmy, Johnny and Spike.
- Boiling Point’s legendary patch notes
- Laura’s descent into the madness that is The Stanley Parable