This week the Not a Game crew are joined by Ben Barrett to talk about which games we’d most like a refund on (Spelunky, Angel of Darkness, Dead Island Riptide and Starcraft 2). After that we all hate each other so we move onto the best news from Gamescom: XCOM: Enemy Within. Meanwhile Tom and Ben talk DIVEKICK vs One Finger Death Punch, Pip explains fashion to us and Cara and Tom bond over childhoods spent playing Dreamphone.
- The original Dead Island trailer. Plus Gametrailers analysis.
- Cara’s Dead Island: Riptide review and torsogate.
- Divekick has the greatest advert of all time.
- One Finger Death Punch is on Greenlight get the demo here.
- Simon Roth breaks down Greenlight stats for his game Maia.
- Chris Plante’s excellent article for Polygon on the long development of The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.
- Here’s that fashion article Pip wrote for Wired.
- An interesting Buzzfeed article on how Yelp’s mysterious algorithms have caused hostility from small business owners.
- Cara’s review of Dreamphone.