In our latest podcast Pip and Tom are joined by Simon Parkin and Keza MacDonald to answer pressing questions like: “Is ghosts an emotion?” and “Are Twitch playing God?” This week we discuss comedy in games and the unintentional slapstick genius of David Cage. Meanwhile Simon has been playing the new Thief reboot, and Keza has been reliving the hell that was reviewing Dark Souls for the first time. Plus in depth discussions on religion in games and the difficulties of working at game studios, both large and small, including a chat about the late, lamented Littleloud.
- Twitch plays Pokemon.
- Twitch plays QWOP.
- Everyone is John – a pen and paper RPG a lot like Twitch plays Pokemon.
- Littleloud’s Sticks and Stones, and the sad tale of Sweatshop HD.
- The famous Dark Souls ‘chain of pain‘ between early reviewers.
- Simon’s Thief review.
- That article Simon mentioned on 38 studios is actually in Boston Magazine, not The Atlantic.
- Chris Plante’s article on the convoluted history of The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.
- See Pip’s Dota exploits here.