This week Cara and Tom are joined by Rock Paper Shotgun’s Adam Smith and Patricia Hernandez of the Kotakus (all of them, especially the ones with the vagina cakes). Every game in the world is on sale right now, so we decided to recommend some of our favourite cheap ones. Adam tries his best to convince us Euro Truck Simulator is really romantic, Tom uses catharsis on mourning in the Blackwell adventure games and we all relentlessly mock Half Life, even though we love it really. Which bit of games journalism sacrilege will make Adam exclaim loudest? Find out inside.
- Eurotruck Simulator – £5.09
- The Blackwell games – £3.74
- The Shivah isn’t on sale, but you should buy it anyway. It’s only four quid.
- Half Life £2.99
- Dark Souls – £6.79
- Thief Collection – £5.19
- How Videogames Changed the World on 4od.
- Adam on Euro Truck Simulator
- Jim Rossignol drives around the world of Fuel.
- Gamasutra on the cancelled Black Lotus, which eventually became Sleeping Dogs.
- Richard Cobbett on spooky Cara’s life simulator The Blackwell Deception.
- Mattie Brice on the dadification of games.
- Cara’s Half Life diary.
- The Gone Home feminist indie cabal.
- Ellie Gibson’s Fighter Within review.
- Those Fighter Within screens.
- My Father’s Long, Long Legs.
- Cara on critical feedback.