In this week’s thrilling installment of the Not a Game podcast, we’re joined by a young up and coming journalist called Alec Meer. He runs a website called Rock Paper Shotgun. You’ve probably never heard of it. Alec tells us all about The Wolf Among Us, Tom fails to explain The Stanley Parable, Cara joygasms over Castles in the sky and Pip terrifies us all by explaining how she keeps a trophy from every man she has ever killed. AND IN THE GAME. Also featured: Warface, Counter Strike, cinematography and some grade A games journo navel gazing.
- Alec chats about Wolf Among Us on RPS.
- The Deus Ex parody mod Tom talks about it called Unreal Revolution.
- John Walker’s strange and compelling interview with the writer of Far Cry 3.
- Mammon Machine on satire.
- Here’s something Tom wrote about cinema and games when he was less good at writing.
- Cara writes about Slave of God.
- … and also Castles in the Sky.
- Marsh Davies writes about ‘Gunfeel’ for Edge.
WarbuttWarface interview talks about both sexism and recoil.
- Simon Parkin’s Eurogamer article about licensing deals for in game guns.
- Cara’s Crysis 3… preview.
- Crytek’s partnership with The British Library seems really interesting.
- Tom Francis’ extremely polite version of GTA.
- Richard Cobbett’s week playing a randomly modded version of Skyrim.
- Cara’s GameCity power lunches can be found here.